Booking Your Appointment
Appointments are offered on availability. Although we will do our very best to help you book your preferred Doctor and time, these appointments may not be available. In such instances, we will give you a list of available options so you can choose an appointment time suitable for you.
We will always try our best not to have you waiting too long. The nature of the job means that sometimes we need to spend extra time with people to ensure they get the best quality healthcare possible. You can help us manage our time by turning up to your appointment on time or by booking a longer appointment time if you feel you may need extra time with your GP. You can request a longer appointment at the time of booking.
The cost of a routine appointment for an adult patient is €50. Full-time students and patients under 16 years are charged a reduced rate of €40 for a routine appointment. Longer appointments cost €80.
Cancelling Your Appointment
If you cannot attend your appointment for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible. When patients forget or fail to cancel their appointments, it wastes a lot of valuable time. This time could be used for someone else who is sick or in need of healthcare.
Telling us in a timely manner (preferably 24 hours before your appointment) means we can offer the appointment to someone else. It also helps to reduce waiting times for other patients, and means everyone can be seen sooner - a win-win for all!
To cancel your appointment, call us on (091) 393 170 or inform the reception staff in person.
Length of Appointments
- Routine appointments are 15 minutes
- Longer appointments may be booked at reception
- Consultations for non-urgent health issues
- Follow-up consultations
- Consultations to discuss pre-existing conditions
* We suggest you book follow-up appointments with the same GP you met for your initial appointment. Please book in advance to avoid delay and disappointment.
We hold a small number of appointments free every day for urgent cases so it is important you contact reception as early as possible in the morning. Unfortunately, your preferred GP or time may not be available, but we will do our best to accommodate you accordingly. We will always endeavour to help any urgent cases even if appointments are fully booked. In some cases, this means you may be seen and triaged by the Practice Nurse first.
Second Family Member Appointments
- Please book separate appointments for each family member
- Depending on the type of appointment, a reduced second fee may apply
* Please inform reception of additional family members when booking your appointment, as a family member with the same health issues/symptoms may be accommodated with a shorter second appointment.
- Unfortunately, if you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Patients who repeatedly miss, cancel or arrive late for their scheduled appointment may be asked to find a new General Practice.
- Home visits are only appropriate for patients who are housebound because of serious illness or disability.
- Your Doctor may phone you back to determine if your health issue can be dealt with over the phone, with a home-visit or if attendance to the hospital/practice may be more appropriate.
Telephone Advice Queries
Our reception staff are happy to assist you with any queries you may have. Medical queries, however, will require a medical consultation, so booking an appointment with your Doctor or Nurse may be advised.
Telephone advice is available for questions about:
- Test results
- Hospital appointments
- Minor ailments
- Follow-up to a previous consultation
- Forms or important documents
* Doctors will not be disrupted for telephone advice during consultations. The Doctor/Nurse will call you back and discuss your health issue or query at their earliest convenience.